Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The Blessed iPhone


Well its been quite some time since I actually updated this blog, so thought it was time to put some more words down.

I've been playing with my iPhone alot lately, and have not got it up to the stage where the only thing missing is GPS Turn-By-Turn.

Forward text messages - Check
MMS Messaging - Check
Turn-By-Turn - Not happening :(

So how did I do it... well with the use of jailbreaks and cydia software installer.

After Jailbreaking your phone the two apps you want to utilise are SwirlyMMS which takes care of the MMS Settings. And biteSMS.

biteSMS is made with the idea that you will purchase SMS credits from them and use the app to send text messages at a reduced rate. The other thing this application does is allow you to use your cellular carrier to send messages.

So with the app setup to use my carrier all I do is slide my finger over an existing message and a popup menu appears.

Select Forward and BOOM away goes the message to whomever I choose.

SwirlyMMS cost me $8 and was the best money i've ever spent.

The Swirly team are constantly updating the app with fixes and optimisations so its deffinatly worth a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment