With that in mind I decided to switch back to using the USB Gecko to get things rolling again.
I found on the USBGecko site (www.usbgecko.com) a Wii mode ripper that claimed to be nice and fast and utilise the gecko's usb connection.
By following these steps, I am now able to once again backup my games and make sure they dont get scratched.
- Download the following package - http://rapidshare.com/files/133785362/usbwiirip1.zip
- Unzip the package to somewhere on your computer.
- Inside the ZIP File is a readme.txt file that will explain exactly what needs to be installed and to where.
- Once all is installed - Run the wiiripper
- Insert the disc you wish to backup into your wii
- Plug in your USBGecko to port B of your Wii
- Run the PC Application that comes in the zip file
- Click on the USB Menu and press the Connect button
- Select Single or Dual layer Wii Disc
- And press the backup button
- Set the location for the backup to be saved to
- Press OK
Sit back for four hours and wait for it all to happen.
Hope that helps someone new to the wii