This is the second attempt - after getting fed up with things not working out of the box thought i'd try two different distro's to see if it makes a difference to the out of the box experiance.
Installing now should take 15 mins, will see how we go.
First was iakos7 - Install went fine, rebooted and then:
Boot - Reboot Loop on the Grey Screen
Turn off Hyperthreading... Boots to a blue screen with music playing - Sounds like the audio drivers work - Grahpics drivers - Not So much, Time to try Kalayway as I dont want to spend the vening working out the correct .kext etc to use to get it to function and who wants to use it without hyperthreading :d
1. Turn hyperthreading back on - I want this out of the box.
2. Boot from Kalaway DVD without the use of boot options
3. Installer startup is taking a while longer than iAktos, although its scanned the NTFS partition for some reason for consistency.
5:31pm greeted with northen lights background and welcome to installer text.
Use English for main Language.
Mac OSX - Barbers Pole - Preparing Installation
4. Utilities Menu --> Disk Utility --> Erase OSX Partition from previous install
5. Select newly erased partition to install to
6. Press Customize - And go through options keno'ing answers :D
7. Leaving Graphics Drivers Empty.
8. Unselected Language translation - My english is pretty good so i'll stick to that
9. checked to install additional 3rd party apps - removed network drivers that i dont have such as marvel etc
10. Click Okay and then Install
11. OSX would now "hypothetically" be installing :D
6 Mins to go :)
Boots up with grey apple boot screen - Wont load past that
Okay - check the manual... need to run a few commands to get it to boot past the grey apple logo - Seems this is the same as the blue screen fix
Boot as normal, press F8 to enter boot options,
enter -s as boot option to go into single user mode
Once it boots and presents with a command line enter the following:
mount -uw /
Go through and say yes to the correct chipset and no to the others
once its all done, type exit and BOOM into OSX we go.
Next comes sound...
No sound has been installed it would seem, time to start with the drivers (Called .kext's in OSX)
I have a sigmatel AC97 sound card that shows as Intel HD Audio in windows.
So time to go diving for a driver. ... meh.. can't be bothered - I'll do it later.